Saturday, April 28, 2007

Green Gate Nursery Greeter

Green Gate Greeter

Yesterday we stopped by Green Gate Nursery on Highway 123 near the Wal-Mart. Green Gate is a wonderful place to go when you need plants or trees or soil of some sort. I also like getting mulch there. This colorful birdy was watching the store when I noticed him from the checkout counter. I went over to snap a shot of course. The staff was a little busy so I didn't ask any what's-the-story-with-this-bird questions I wanted to but I will next time I go.

We selected a beautiful white mandevilla, which was being nicely trained on an inverted u-shape bamboo form. The lady helping us wrapped the pot very nicely in a somewhat burnt orange (Go Longhorns, we were going to Austin afterall) and a white/orange bow. I highly recommend the nursery if you are looking for a good shopping experience.

As an aside, I also love going to the Schulz nursery in Marion. They are also a great staff and they have a great selection that different than Green Gate so it's worth visiting both. I saw there was a new gardening business off Kingsbury so I will give them a visit the next day I have off for landscaping duty.

9 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

That's a beautiful bird.

Tammy said...

I love looking at the photos on your blog. You've inspired me to create one of my own. Come on over and have a peek: www.photosbytammy.blogspot.com

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Very cute bird.

Annie said...

Hi Thien, You like to do the same kings of things I like to do - go to a nursery and find beautiful plants to nurture and enjoy.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

what beautiful plumage......lovely colours...:)
Thanx for dropping by my blog and leaving the comment behind

photowannabe said...

Beautiful brilliant colors. I like his pose. The nursery looks like a great place to visit.

Kate said...

A beautiful bird!!

Shorty said...

Holy crappers...it's real! It very much looks like a piraty bird to me. :D

Web-OJ said...

Such a beauty! This little chap would look good with the Indian Blanket flowers!!