If you have wondering what I've been up to lately and why there's a lack of posting, then here's why - honey harvesting time! :-) It has been a busy, busy but truly awesome year for us. We have been so blessed and here's why:
- The bees are doing GREAT this year thanks to an awesome spring filled with plenty of rain which helped with all the blooming wildflowers. That was harvest #1.
- The mesquite bloomed way after the wildflowers faded for some reason. That was harvest #2.
- Last year we harvested about 200 pounds of honey. This year, we got about 3000 pounds! Yes, amazing but true.
- Mark's successfully split our strong hives and now we've grown from 25 hives to 40 and they are still looking strong.
- We are having a TON OF FUN together with this bee and honey business. We are very lucky and work great together.
We've enjoyed steady sales since we first announced the availability of our honey and mostly we have been selling to friends, family and folks who knew about us last year. A lot of word of mouth. After our venture into farmers markets and trade days (Marion a couple of weeks ago), we are ready to take on additional shows in the next two months as everyone gears up for holiday shopping. Wish us luck! And I'll post ahead of time where we'll be in case you want to come out and see us. As always, I love to meet new friends. And I'd love to introduce you to our bees - we got a cool observation hive this past weekend!