Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bluebonnets in bloom

Texas Bluebonnet

When I first came to Texas 12 years ago, I was awestruck by the sea of blue blooms along the highway as I commuted to work. The blue sea was created by the thousands of Bluebonnets, one of the most beautiful wildflowers I have ever seen. Blue flowers were not something I was use to at the time and I just fell in love with them. And I still am. Along College Street in town, there is a house and every year, they have these gorgeous flowers in their yard. This year is a good year b/c we received plenty of rain and enough cold weather so everyone is saying we should have some beautiful flowers. I didn't have to adjust the lighting and color on my shots and you can see how vibrant the blue is! For more photos of the Bluebonnets as well as a flowering Dogwood (a favorite from my home state, North Carolina), view my flickr set.

Thank you to those of you who have posted recently on the Seguin DP. Especially about the ZDT Amusement Center. I am glad you are enjoying the posts and I hope you keep visiting and posting comments. Perhaps I will visit the INSIDE of ZDT soon and then I will provide a follow-up posting. If you have any requests for entries, photos or whatever, let me know and I'll try and capture a piece of Seguin for you.

5 comments:

photowannabe said...

Vibrant and beautiful Bluebells. I can imagine a whole field of them would be a sight to behold.

AlanDP said...

I recently discovered your photoblog. I live near Seguin and worked there for many years. Just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying your pix!

Shorty said...

Love your icon alandp. I don't live anywhere near Seguin, but I admit I love the shots Thiên takes. This is going into the collection of flower photos that I have. I wonder if the blue would come out as true as it looks on here.

Unknown said...

Thanks Photowannabe, Alandp and Shorty. I appreciate your views and comments. It is breathtaking to see a big cluster of these beauties! Shorty, I am going to print some of the flower pics also. I'll let you know if Ritz does a good color job. They did fine with the cactus/bee pic in Mark's office.

Anonymous said...

The photograph of the Bluebonnets is nice. I remember when my mother lived in El Campo that we would sometimes see them on our way there. Lady Bird Johnson once had a packet of flowers for highways, as I recall, and Ohio got some and planted them but I do not see them anymore.

You have a nice blog. This is my first time here.