Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bill Miller Pies

Thanksgiving pies @ Bill Miller

Yesterday a big group of us from work met at Bill Miller in order to celebrate a friend's birthday (yay Terry!). It's located along Interstate 10 and should be seeing a lot of business from all the workers building the Caterpillar site.

I noticed all the activity in the back room and watched several workers getting pies into pie boxes and found it fascinating. They were moving pretty fast - I would have worried about dropping pies. I am getting clumsier by the year it seems. lol. Anyway, there were all sorts of pies ready to go for ordering in, taking out for now and taking out for Thanksgiving! I opted for vegetable beef soup (very yummy) and a baked potato. For Mark, I took soup and a peach cobbler to go.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving break with family and friends. May it be filled with love and happiness as we are blessed with so much to be grateful for in our lives.

2 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

What?! All those pies and you didn't e-mail one to «Louis»?!

tonyh said...

Looking for small mom and pop places to eat lunch/dinner next week...got any recommendations? I'll be visiting Seguin late next week for a couple of days...need to eat!