Sunday, November 23, 2008

Moon over Seguin

Moon 1

Last week we were driving home and I saw a gorgeous moon hovering over Seguin -- so low to the horizon that it looked absolutely enormous. I couldn't believe I didn't have my digicam (I didn't think I'd need it going to the gym, lol.) so we raced home so I could pick it up and Mark went searching with me for a good shot. We found a spot and I set up the tripod to practice on the new digicam and liked some of the shots but I still need to learn more about all the settings. This one wasn't so bad so I thought I'd share it. I didn't touch it up besides cropping some of the dark sky out of it. It was chilly that night!

6 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

I still find it amazing when we can get these clear shots of something SOOOOOOOO far away and yet still see the craters and all.

Beautiful!!

AlanDP said...

Gibbous!

Squirrel said...

HOLY MOLY thats a big moon!

I envy yer skilz.

Tammy said...

GREAT capture Thien!!!

Dan said...

Glad you shared this. It is a great pic. Wonderful job.

~Digital Goddess~ said...

That is an amazing shot of the moon. This reminds me of a funny story. A friend and I went out for dinner and we noticed the moon. I tried numerous times to get a shot and no luck. So now my nickname became "moon chaser". LOL!!