Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Wooly Moth

Update on August 22: Here's what I found on wiki: The moth Megalopyge opercularis has numerous common names, including southern flannel moth, pussy moth, puss caterpillar, tree asp, and, asp caterpillar.

Wolly Moth

What is this creature?? Anybody out there know? I am so intrigued by it. Mark noticed it hanging on our front door and when we looked closer, we saw how unique he is. I mean, look at all that fuzziness! And the color is so cool. I'm totally fascinated. And we check when we go by and it is still hanging there on the door. Weird but neat.

I'm home from Dallas! Yay! This was my one day trip. Flew up early, had meetings, flew home. :-) Happy to be home.

Fuzzy sucker

2 comments:

Hope said...

What a great picture, Thien! I've never seen this type of moth - but so glad you snapped this picture of it.
Your site is not only beautiful and interesting - it is educational!

hope
http://www.all-creatures.org/pica/glf-woollybear.html

C and C Mommy said...

That is cool....weird but cool!!