This evening I am feeling somewhat rebellious....I am not checking my work email. Well, I tried earlier but kept having some tech issues so I got out slightly frustrated. It's been a long, tiring week and I feel absolutely drained. I think I could have gone straight to bed when I got home. I don't want anyone to feel bad for me; I often find writing helps me to let go of things - writing therapy. We have so much going on at work but I still enjoy being there and as always, I am learning so much everyday. And I am so blessed to have encountered plenty of wonderfully nice people to balance out the not-so-sunny personalities.
Anyway, to escape a bit, I did or am doing the following this evening:
- Watched Mark finish up splitting the hive in the backyard. Now there are three!!! I'll snap it in good day light.
- Went for Chinese food. Comfort food. Some nights, you simply do not feel like cooking.
- Listened to Mark tell me all about his day with the bees! I wish I could have watched him split the hives of Country Bees.
- Learned that the queen bee does not just walk out the hive "door." One of the hives did not have a queen and Mark has theorized about how that could have happened...that's another post altogether.
- Cruised around town, talking through things that concern me with the greatest guy ever. You know who.
- Talked to my niece about things. Laughed.
- Missed all my nieces and nephews.
- Caught up A BIT with blogging and Flickr. Just a bit. Oh, and Facebook too.
- Listening now to some of my favorite songs, currently we're on Yoyo Ma essentials.
- Got showered and into my softest jammies.