Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hospital Revisited

Ultrasound of Mark's heart



Remember a couple of weeks ago when Mark took me to the Guadalupe Regional Medical Center for my bee sting? Well I returned the favor. :) This past week has been pretty exciting and exhausting and I don't really want to focus on what happened though I will say that Mark is at home now and recuperating just fine. Thank you for everyone's well wishes and prayers; we really appreciate it!

Here he is, getting a heart ultrasound while at the hospital. That was really cool to see his heart in action (it's fine, by the way)! Everytime you see red flashes, the technician told us it was blood being pumped into his heart. Cool. And yes, I asked Mark if he'd mind if I took pictures. :) And believe it or not, this was the only time I took pictures during the week's main event. I was a bit distracted, lol.

This is what I really want to say about the hospital here in Seguin: it is GREAT! Well, it's really the people working there. You know, you hear about ER and hospitals and usually it's not so positive. But given that we were stressed and scared, it was the best place and the greatest help we could have asked for in our opinion. The staff was amazing and simply wonderful. Everyone from the ER to the nursing staff that cared for Mark AND me while we were there. I really felt like they created a safe place for us while we dealt with all the tests and uncertainty.

So here's a great big THANK YOU to the Guadalupe Regional Medical Center. You all are wonderful and we really appreicate you and all you did for us!

3 comments:

C and C Mommy said...

Medical technology is sooo cool!!

Glad Mark is ok.

E @ Scottsville said...

Wow, sounds a bit scarey?! Glad he's home and doing good. We recently had a bit of a scare with my dad's heart. Stints were put in and all is well though!! =0)

E

Unknown said...

Thanks, ladies. Yep, all that technology is pretty amazing as well as the people operating it. Pretty complex looking machinery. Erica, glad your dad is doing well.