Sunday, June 07, 2009

Moo Jesus Ranch Dairy

Moo Jesus, Seguin (Tx)

Since this is my first post in a WEEK, you get a big one! This past weekend, we had a wonderful visit from Mark's mom, dad, uncle and aunt. We headed out to the Moo Jesus dairy farm, which is only about twelve miles from our house. Who knew such a neat place was that close!?! I loved the experience!

'Our

The drive out there was very beautiful and peaceful. Once you're there, Gina greets you with a big, beautiful smile and a very warm welcome. She told us all about how natural foods help our bodies and we even sampled many of the cheeses they make there -- my favorite is the jalapeno cheese (we bought some!). After that, her husband Edward tours us around the property on our modern day wagon. It was nice to have the shade overhead as it was quite warm on Saturday.

Nathan pours samples for us.

Once we got back to the main area, we took a breather in the restaurant and waited for lunch. We even got to sample some fresh milk (super wonderful) and a drink that I can't recall the name of but it had beet and cayenne in it. Way too sweet for me but I'm glad I tried it.

Capote Ranch

On our way back home, we drove by El Capote Ranch since Mark's family and I have never seen it. The Capote has a rich history -- better told by Mark so I won't butcher it here. You can Google but you can also check the Texas Handbook. This is a wonderful day trip for the family. I highly recommend it!

Sorry about not posting at all for an entire week! I'm not sure I'm going to be any better anytime soon so my apologies for this weird period where there are infrequent posts. Work is really draining my time and my mind to be honest with you so when I am traveling every week, I get all caught up in what's going on right now. I hope things will settle down a bit and when they do, I should be able to once again enjoy photography and posting for you. Meanwhile, be patient with me!

Note: all these shots were taken with my Blackberry! Not bad, right? I couldn't believe my camera battery was DEAD. Not even one shot. Oh well.

4 comments:

Just a Texas Gal said...

I had no idea this place was around here. How fun! I definately will be checking it out.

I love the story of the bluejay - we have a blackbird that has a nest with a few babies - we can't see them, but they do make a racket when it's time to eat. LOL

I also loved the rainstorm coming. Just looking at it, I can smell the rain. Fabulous!

Thanks for visiting - like you -this last year with work and home - the days just seem to run short and some of the fun, like taking pictures and blogging get left behind!

C and C Mommy said...

I have seen the signs, but I have never been there. The kids would probably love it!!

Neva said...

I just got an iphone and am amazed how good it works! Looks like you had fun.

Kidstechexec said...

I will spend my bday @ moo jesus tomorror