Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another Sleepless Night

Reflections on wood floor

It's 6:26a and I've been fully awake since 4a so I thought I would take this time to finally do some catching up on my online activities. Prior to 4a, I spent more time coughing or trying not to cough than sleeping. And when I did sleep, I had to sit and sleep b/c once I went horizontal, my throat starts to tickle and then the coughing ensues. :( I really, really am tired of being sick. Usually I am not down for too long but Mark and I have been under the weather since Christmas Eve. Enough already.

So the nice thing about being awake is that I have time to do things. Like notice how pretty the Christmas lights look, reflecting on our old wood floor in the living room. So I fixed up my digicam to my new SLR-size Gorrilapod and practiced some shots.

Things that are happening right at this moment:
  1. It's raining! Yes. Really raining. With lighting and rumbling thunder, too! It's been wonderful to hear it and to see the water collecting. We've gone without rain for too long so this is a real blessing.
  2. Mark put on a pot of beans in the slow cooker last night and now it smells delicious. And makes me want to eat.
  3. I'm listening to some of my favorite, favorite jazz. Stan Getz, Diana Krall, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Charles Mingus, and many others. Very nice.
  4. I am checking out all the pictures that my Flickr friends have added. Wow, I've been slacking on that; there are tons of photos to see.
  5. I am thinking I should also post something on my La China blog. Haven't done that in a while.
  6. I am also thinking I have not made a single earring since my little vacation started and I had said I would definitely do that. Yikes. Only got today to live up to my word on that point.

Okay, I am done drinking another cup of Theraflu so I'm going to try and close my eyes and see if sleep comes my way. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! :)

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I am so sorry you're sick! I sure hope you feel better very soon!

E @ Scottsville said...

Wow, I thought I was looking at the reflection in water until I looked closer and realized what I was seeing.

Feel better soon!

AlanDP said...

I love this photo. It makes me think of the wonder of Christmas as a child, when I would stay up in the dark just to watch the tree lights flicker and think about what might be under the tree for me!

Anonymous said...

Hoping for a quick recovery. Lovely picture.

Squirrel said...

feel better--
100% soon.

brian stout said...

our floors looked like this right after we refinished them a few years ago =) but i think it's time for another coat or 2 of poly here next year... the colors look really neat reflecting off the floor.