Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bee in the Esperanza

Bee on Esperanza

This year our Esperanza bush finally came back on its own without my having to prune it back, which is what I've been hoping it would do for a while now. We have actually been lucky enough to receive a little bit of rain here and there this year though we're still in drought. It is, however, still nice and green around here and there is some food for the bees. Still, we could use more. After work one day last week, Mark told me the bees were getting into the Esperanza so I tried to catch a few shots. They were such busy bees, it was hard to snap them but I do like the way this one turned out.

Tomorrow is a holiday so we have it off from work in order to observe Memorial Day in honor of our servicemen and servicewomen. I am grateful for them since I wouldn't be here in this great country had it not been for the people who helped us in Vietnam and then our sponsor helping us out of Vietnam. Not a day goes by that I don't realize how different my life could have been and I know that I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Kris McCracken said...

Great shot of the bee. At least one made it out alive...

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

this is an excellent photo. great details and texture. I am signing up as a follower!

Tammy said...

Thien this shot is wonderful!!! Beautiful!