Friday, May 29, 2009

Sky Watch Friday

Storm 3

So I barely got in a second post this week but I've been wanting to share this one for Sky Watch (be sure to check out other cool sky shots!). Lately we have had a few storms rolling through and that is always a welcome weather event! I got several really neat shots of this sky activity when i was coming back from the Target in New Braunfels, which is about 15 minutes west/north-west of Seguin, along IH-35. I was so mezmorized by the clouds and color that I just parked and watched. I love storms. The color and clouds changed pretty rapidly so I just snapped away. I tried the panaramic setting but didn't get it right. I really want to practice that setting more. And I need to remember my tripod clip. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

floreta said...

i love seeing cloud bursts like this!

Unknown said...

Very cool shot of the clouds.

Contrasts well with the green grass below...

Sanna said...

So alive that I can taste the rain. Nice shot! =)

Hope said...

This is an absolutely beautiful and amazing shot, Thien!!

hope

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

stunningly gorgeous sky. a photo of dramatic, interesting sky clouds in movement

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Amazing, ominous, threatening, beautiful!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, I love skies that look like that! Really looming and dark, but sooooooo refreshing around these parts! I can almost smell the rain...

AlanDP said...

Awesome!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much everyone. Like I said, it was just so cool to see, smell and hear the storm, clouds and rain. Very cool.