Friday, May 01, 2009

Week's End Summary

Garden by the door

Sorry. I had really intended to post garden shots this week for you while I was in Irving but it just didn't happen. :( I'm afraid I've been woefully neglectful of my blog so I apologize. Things have just been so darn busy that I don't even remember to eat breakfast sometimes. Now that's bad! LOL.

I always enjoy driving by this house because they were very creative with their garden -- I love how it's right there by the door in the flower beds! I have not seen this anywhere else so I just had to share it with you. There's just something about seeing the cornstalks next to the house. Very cool looking, if you ask me. Their tomato plants are looking pretty nice also.

Our garden is coming along though we're not sure what we'll get this year. I'll keep you posted. Like I said, maybe the mere act of gardening is the therapy for long, stressful days and weeks. That and visits to the beehives. Speaking of which, Mark is taking me tomorrow to visit the country hives. I'll see what's new and share with you. I do know our city bees in the backyard are bringing in all sorts of colorful pollen on their little legs. It's really neat to watch.

2 comments:

C and C Mommy said...

That is cool!! When we are jogging around town, I have noticed that several houses have added gardens in their front yards. Must be a sign of the times! Our tomato plants are growing FAST! I can't wait. We have some carrots this year and the kids are ready to pull them up. It is so exciting for them.

Kris McCracken said...

It's the Spurs isn't it?