Monday, June 02, 2008

Sunflower & Pollen

I liked the pollen on the leaf.

The sunflowers that have survived whatever animal chewing on our plants (perhaps for liquids?) are beginning to turn downwards due the the weight of the bloom. What is different about this one is the amount of pollen that fell upon the leaf right below it. Maybe I've just never noticed before that this happens and only now, when I am making an effort to notice my environment, did I see this beautiful shot. I really liked it. I had a friend in mind when I snapped this and she knows who she is so this one's for you J!

Along the same line with pollen, here is a look at what the bees have been bringing in lately.

Pollen during May

When I looked at it, I noticed that the color has changed significantly than a couple of months ago. Notice there is more white colored pollen in the current collection and overall, it is a more subdued color. I wish I knew where these samples came from, that'd be pretty neat.

Pollen pellets

8 comments:

Neva said...

I am amazed at the detail here.....and I haven't ready any Baldacci books yet....Simple Genius will be my first! Is there an order to read them in?

chrome3d said...

That sunflower pic was excellent. I loved the colours.

Lynette said...

My allergies are dealing me a fit right now, but I still enjoyed your fine photo. I'll have to look for Stone Cold. Hope you like Greg Isles.

Tash said...

Excellent sunflower photo. Great color, great composition.

Dan said...

Wow, what a spectacular sunflower picture. That is just fantastic. Great work on this.

Neva said...

Thien, thanks so much for the web link. You are awesome! I will let you know how I chose to read them!!!

brian stout said...

beautiful shot, thien... i love the angle of your sunflower photo on top and the colors are amazing.

Diederick Wijmans said...

I like your photos, Thien, especially the protecting sunflower. Great angle.