Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Donut Palace

The Donut Palace in Seguin

I'm back and have had a very peaceful weekend, catching up with Mark and other things around home. It's good to be home. After the long months of only occassionally traveling for a day or two to Dallas, an entire week away from home took a little adjustment. But I did have a wonderful time in Big D, learning all sorts of new things about work and meeting some very nice people.

Saturday morning I decided to pick up some treats from a popular place in town -- The Donut Palace. If you haven't been there, you should give it a try! They have awesome donuts as well as some savory options. Since we slept in, I decided a brunch might be nice since we had errands to run so I got fresh-baked glazed donuts, a cinnamon roll and two kolaches (with and without cheese). It was all fantastic!

Saturday Brunch

Besides the food, you should try TDP because of the people who run it. They are so friendly and very hardworking. If you go, take cash or your checkbook because they do not accept any credit or debit cards. Friends at work have told me that they've gotten caught with no cash before but do you know what??? The folks at TDP just told them to bring the cash when they can. Can you believe that? Isn't that amazing to encounter such trust from a retailer? Very nice. It makes me feel good about people to know this so I thought I'd share it with you.


3 comments:

Hannah said...

One of the things I so miss about Seguin, is The Donut Palace and the Tan's. I went to school with there oldest daughter Jenny, and she still is one of my good friends. But I always loved going and seeing Mr & Mrs Tan they are always so sweet, and friendly. Plus all the food is awesome!

LaurieLC said...

You're killing me! I miss The Donut Palace so much. My husband and I often talk about visiting Seguin just to eat there!

C and C Mommy said...

We love the Donut Palace....but my kids call it the Donut Place!!

I taught the owners kids....they are all so sweet and polite!!