Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Knitting Again

Penny knitting her 2nd scarf

One of the things I promised myself was that I would start knitting again. That means two things to me:

  1. I want teach someone to knit.
  2. I want to put a knitting project in my purse so that I can knit whenever I have five minutes or when I need a little stress relief.

I'm excited to say I have done both now. Last week, while in Dallas, I taught two workers -- one how to bind off, or complete a scarf, and another how to knit (her first time). They both did great! And we had a wonderful time and it did wonders to relax me. I get so focused on it that I let go of all the thousands of to-dos floating around my head.

Tonight, I am proofing different writings. Some from work but most importantly, I'm also proofing two chapters from Mark's book! It's so exciting that it's almost done. He's working on the index as I blog. :-) I'm proud of you, love!!

Maybe after my proofing and some work, I will knit a bit while watching some of the Spurs/Nuggets game. Go Spurs!

2 comments:

Kris McCracken said...

My wife is an excellent knitter. She won a prize at the local fair for some knitted fruit and vegetables.

Me, not so good with the knitting.

Unknown said...

I'm not that good either, Kris. :)