Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring blooms

Redbub Feb08


Though yesterday and today have been on the breezy side during the day and in the low 30s overnight (I think we actually might have hit 29F), it's actually been warming than average lately so that means lots of blooms around the area. Here's a shot of our redbud in the front yard. Personally, I am very pleased to see flowering plants and trees because that means good eating for the bees!

I posted this today because I saw a similar picture on Ioannina (Greece) Daily Photo, really liked it and was struck by the similarity of the photos.

4 comments:

isa said...

Wow, redbuds in Michigan don't bloom until April!
Nice sign of spring...

Ioanna said...

Lovely optimistic photo. I like your photo better than mine! What kind of tree is this?

Jim Klenke said...

You will have to show us the same tree in the summer. I cant wait for the weather to finally stay above 50

Isadora said...

May spring continue without hindrance. It is lovely.