Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturdays are for yard sales

Yard sale bin

We saw at least seven yard/estate sales today. We walked to the one down the street from us b/c the lady has a pretty house. Plus it was such a lovely morning that we just enjoyed the walk. Mark bought a cool two foot measuring tool. Can't beat it for a buck. :)

I was impressed by the quality of this photo as I snapped it with my cell phone, a Samsung A737. I might just have to do what the Mitchster does and have cellphone photo day each week. Honestly, I was expecting a more grainy photo than this. Good job Samsung.

8 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Yea, amazing how much better the new cell phone photos are, huh? I just got a new one recently and I've been impressed with it's pictures too! I'd have NEVER known yours today was from a cell phone. Good job!

edward said...

i will try with my samsung cell phone too. this photo is good!

Unknown said...

Thanks E and E! I think I'm going to enjoy this new challenge. It should be fun.

AlanDP said...

That is amazing. I've never been able to get anything that good looking with my RAZR. I notice there's a lot of sunlight on it, that might be another reason why it turned out so sharp.

Unknown said...

Hey Alan, I never could get great shots with the Razr. The Samsung is better to me for many reasons. I did take another one with shadows to see what that would look like so I'll load it up and check. But you're right, I'm sure the sunlight really helped this shot. Plus I set it to high resolution.

Dan said...

I agree with E&E, the quality is amazing!

I like sailing too. Nice way to spend a saturday morning ;)

Keith Alan K said...

For a little technical explanation--cellphone cameras don't have adustable apertures so in low light they rely on longer shutter speed (= blurry because they are hard to hold steady) and/or higher iso sensitivity (= grainy).
In direct sunlight, even older models will do pretty well.

Mine is a 1.3mp LG that's 2 years old and on a sunny day it's not bad at all.
Indoors = garbage most of the time.

raf said...

So true about the quality of the image for being taken by your cell, but its the subject, angle and composition - done by you - that makes it such a good one!