Sunday, October 12, 2008

Spurs Time

2008-09 Spurs Tickets

It's hard to believe that it's already pre-season time for the NBA but I'm not complaining. This is one of my favorite times of the year for sports because you have so much to choose from -- college football, pro football and soon, pro basketball.

Last weekend, we had our annual Divide-Spurs-tickets-while-getting-stuffed-at El Ranchito get together and had a blast. We share season tickets with others and it's always a big event to do this dividing business. LOL. There are guidelines, game-selection strategizing and some good luck getting to pick first is always nice. This year, I drew number 1 again so we were pretty happy! It's pretty serious stuff and when I started getting involved in the selection lunch, I was impressed by the process our group had in place. It's all fun. Here's to a great season NBA fans. And hopefully our boys will win the big one this year. It's another odd-numbered year so that's a good start. ;)

[Alan, I have gone by the feed mill a couple of times hoping for a great shot but the lighting has not been working with me the times I went. I'll keep waiting for a good shot for you. I haven't forgotten!]

List of games

6 comments:

Kris McCracken said...

Do you join in and shout when you see the Spurs in action? Are they a rowdy lot of fans?

Also, which teams to you hate?

So many questions, so little time! :)

E @ Scottsville said...

All I can say is "GO SPURS GO!!"

We'll be rootin' them on with ya (from home).

Unknown said...

Of course I join in, just like Erica! LOL. If you ask Mark, he may tell you I am the loudest person in the arena. I don't know when I got to be that way b/c I grew up a very quiet child. Really.

There's was just something about being at the games in person that got me going and it's not hard to like the Spurs. They are pretty nice guys it seems...stay out of trouble, do a lot in the community, don't moan and groan about things, etc.

As for teams/players I don't care for...the list is long but suffice it to say, whomever is playing our Spurs, I dislike. ;) In general, I don't like the Nuggets b/c as a team (and lead by their coach, who use to play for the Spurs), they cry about EVERY LITTLE touch or call, especially during the playoffs. I'll leave it at that. I could on and on about a lot of players and teams.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Here it is football, what you may know as soccer. Shout loud and proud

Neva said...

Still into football but only for a short few weeks! glad to see you are ahead of the game!

C and C Mommy said...

WE LOVE THE SPURS TOO!!

I left you something over on my blog....