Friday, January 09, 2009

400th Post - Woo hoo!

Chimney

I finally made it to my 400th post! I was going to post earlier this week but I wanted my 400th one to be special and not just some rush job. Work was busy this week and tiring too, so saving this for Friday made it a special treat for me.

This is a shot of part of the Goodrich House, a property owned by Second Baptist Church. It's located on Goodrich Street, behind the church, and behind the house is Walnut Creek. We use the church for celebratory events and sometimes even for a youth sleepover. It's a nice old house with wood floors and lots of windows. And this wonderful chimney. I just love the brick work and the lines you see in the chimney and siding. It's one of my favorite photos.

I love red brick. I grew up in North Carolina and brick is used a lot there for building. I went to North Carolina State University (go Wolfpack!) and on campus, there must be millions of bricks used for buildings, walls, courtyards, etc. As a matter of fact, we have a beautiful area near the main campus library that is a hub for campus life. We called it the Brickyard. I love that place.

We were leaving the Goodrich House one day after an event and I remember the day was just beautiful. Crisp, chilly day with endless blue skies. And I remember looking up and seeing how beautiful the house looked against the sky. So I took out my camera and shot a ton of photographs. That's what blogging has taught me. How to really see all the wonderful, beautiful things around me. I have learned to better appreciate many things since I started this blog and I am really happy that I am still photographing and blogging.

Thank you everyone who has visited here. And for those of you who have left comments, for those who have seen me around town or at work and talked to me...thank you for letting me know you enjoy the blog and the photos. It was what kept me going. Just when I get lazy or tired of doing this or I start to wonder if anyone cares what I post, one of you tells me in some way that you like this. And that fuels me. So thanks! :)

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Sharing your memories and what this building means to you makes this an even more special post and photo! Keep it up!

Tammy said...

Oh, and congrats on 400 posts!!!

Kris McCracken said...

Congrats on post 400.

It can be hard work keeping up with it.

C and C Mommy said...

I love the perspective of this picture. Good job and congratulations!!

Shammickite said...

400 posts, that's a lot of writing! Congratulations on this fine achievement. How's the weather in Texas today? Here in The Great White North we have a snowstorm in the forecast and cold cold temps, brrrr!

Dan said...

Yaaaahooooo, go thien. 400 posts is awesome!