Monday, May 05, 2008

Fields of gold

Fields of gold

For the past several weeks, I have really enjoyed seeing these beautiful fields right out front of our plant entrance. On the evening I snapped this, there was quite a breeze coming through town and as I took pictures, I noticed that the field was making a really, really cool sound. I don't even know how to best describe it. It made me think of my bamboo windchimes in our yard. It was such a nice sound that it mesmerized me. I could have sat there for a long time just listening to it. I was so glad that I stopped that day or else I would not have experienced that special sound. Very cool.

12 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

This is a nice picture, it does look like a field of gold, I like the tree line also.

Profile Not Available said...

I love the simplicity of this photo. The colors are beautiful!

GiuCe said...

it looks like a painting ;)
nice pic...!

Ming the Merciless said...

Awesome photo!! The clear definition and colors are spectacular.

It's like a medieval painting.

brian stout said...

beautiful photo here, and i can kind of picture the 'feeling' from your description... so serene...

me said...

Lovely photo...I think I can spot some of those beautiful Texas wildflowers in the foreground.

Kris McCracken said...

That really is a great photo. I love how you’ve framed it, with the big sky dominating!

Southern Heart said...

Thien, that is such a peaceful photo...very lovely!

Tammy said...

Beautiful photo. I think I'd have wanted to sit and look and listen for a while too!

Jilly said...

Lovely photo and such a beautiful commentary. I love the sound of wind through hamboo - through wheat must be lovely too.

J.C. said...

I could feel the windchime and the breeze as I read your commentary, Thien! Must be a very nice afternoon!

Over here, it's so hot that I can't bear to go out during lunch!

 gmirage said...

Very lovely! ONe that should be hanging in the wall as a prized painting...I mean photo! Great job Thien, Love it!